Monday, June 13, 2011

The Start of Heaven



The oracle I consulted
Suggested I stop dreaming
Open my heart
And start to living
This holy woman at Delphi
Came to my mind's eye
Oddly enough
During a day vision
About shotgun shacks on
Elephant legs with
Corpses sun-burned to bone
Tagged with withered lynch ropes
Worn as frayed
Miserable chokers
Hanging in the window

The honorable lady
Who breast fed history
The last of her body
In a sacred duty
Spoke to me in Swahili
Words of beauty bathed in tragedy
She opened the black in me
 
And Middle passage Atlanteans came
To wake me in legions
They shoke me with their footsteps
Marching in roving stations
With stallions woven through their muscles
Seaweed dreadlocks
And skin shinny, moist
coated
a dark so black It mirrored the blue
Found at bottom of the ocean

They tore me
Up from a sleeping fancy
That had taken hold
And marked me stone
And there I would have remained
If the knowing one
Who sees
Had not shown to me
That sleeping through
Difficulty
Does not bring the bright
Cleanliness
That comes with being scrubbed by
Diversity
The steel wool of experience
Buffs our mortality
And unearths the sparkle
Hidden by banality
I need to greet all my pain
With eyes fully formed
And cleansed of all that follows 
 

Birth

I peak on docks that
Hold up oceans
And kiss the waves
That will share my affection
I ride rhythms from Ghana
That arrived by butterfly
and move me to non action
it is in being that I have succeeded

and it is continuing my heart beating

that my potential will be revealed

No comments: