Friday, June 10, 2011

Spinning



Truth turns into maybe
And yes is an honest foundation
Candor and an open “it’s possible”
knows an in between
that reality can see through.
In the middle there is an admission
That gives away the bare minimum
And when pressed to veracity
Absolute tenacity in the throws
Of honesty covers up for the
Sake of modesty.
In all the “no’s”
I’ve ever known I’ve come
To this principled conclusion
We are stuck in what actually happened
And while we lay before us
That which is to come
We are bound by what may be.
A Possibility
Vivid like a daydream
I see an open glaring dazzling
Piece of tomorrow stuck is
“Whatever” and “I’m open to anything”.

I’ve too much virtue to be mad.
I’m too sick for anger.
so  with an honorable head nod
I acknowledge that a saint is a sinner
Who keeps on trying
Turns the tides of redemption
Stretched out like the horizon
Providing the timing for my
Personal anthem
That even the wicked get
More than they deserve.
In that chorus I pull
Out these three words

You weren’t enough.

Possibly it’s impossible
You ever could have been.
I could not bring the sum
Of words in total
Stacked on each other
To solid foundation us.

For I like it shortened.
I cut corners.
I fiddled with the wording.
And I am not surprised that
In the end
We could not properly stage
An authentic sincerity
 so we
were uninspired to even act
Like normal people.
Truth grows into wisdom.
And even though dishonesty
Tends to be more reliable
The next time I’m around a
“your lovely” and “your mine”

honor dictates I believe it.

No comments: