Thursday, June 2, 2011

The gift No


After the music stopped
I place my ego
On a muted alter
Conceded defeat
and left my armor
for the next suitor


I removed the love from my
eyes and knelt in the void
left on the floor of my mind

there beneath my knees
are the scraps of our history
we who were once
Two stars a budding comet
Poised to rip through
Cushion of normality
Stalled by an average reality

And plagued by the treasure
Of stability

where love has opened us
it exposes the lining of our
souls, the brightness of
the moons circling our hearts
and plays the notes
of galaxies
roaming lazy through
our bodies

 
we were mates in mind only
fool in happiness
for moments spinning
on a pinhead
and every second was brilliant
every minute sweet
regrets were infinite
oh but the journey
was sure a blinding

treat is not a exercise
I'm eager to repeat

No comments: