Monday, November 29, 2010

Her



I am Nero
At an over the top
Ball with strobe lights
And the smell of strawberries in the air
I’m graceful though I slip on glitter
And vengefully trip Queens
Who fall backwards
Flamboyantly flat
Breaking the impact with
A cushion of fabulously timed
Choreographed rhythm
And there at a drag show
were boys shimmied breasts
In dresses
And girl with goatees
Swaggered in skinny jeans
Entranced by the glamour
Of genderbending
I was watching him glide in heals
Across the stage in a purple
Snakeskin body suit dancing
Seductively and Singing Whitney under a strobe light
When suddenly
My attention was torn and
I witnessed her.
Her body vibrating with the effort to keep
The spirit of Dionysus from
Erupting and throwing the entire
Room into a frenzy of seduction
I was in the a place
At a time
and never before
in all my hours did I ever
think I’d see a girl with her
power
Rock steady solid and fragile
Newly made and dangerously
Bright
You might not believe it’s magic
You’ll say magic doesn’t exist
But you’ve never seen a girl like this
A walking spell
© 2014 Christal Coakley

No comments: