Friday, December 6, 2013

When I find myelf


I live my life
In a constant state of alright
But rarely was it truly ok
Until one day when I stumbled
Upon an orchid growing up
Through the cracks of an urban walkway
There she was bold and delicate
Beautiful and righteous
Soft and gritty
The type of flower that blooms
For no one and opens
When she wants to show off for herself



At first I wanted to pick her
But then I realized it would be best
To just visit
So I came to her
Over and over
For blessings
For company
For fun and peace
And she opened her petals
Showed me her joy
And brought me to a Maybe
Where before I was mostly NO

This orchard dancing in the sun
Grows in the moon
Thrives on music
And grooves to the twinkle of stars
Through the sound of stem I hear
My life in colors of hope and promise
Through the whisper of her leaves
I see my potential in notes of
Sturdy valor

My grand orchid
After bringing the sublime to my feet
She merely folds up again
And goes back to sleep 


1 comment:

AMB said...

I need to get a printer so that I can paste this on the wall in my office :)