Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Lady of the lake

They say the lady of the lake
Has not been seen since the magic sword
Was returned upon King Arthur’s death
She felt his absence
A loss that rang like silent thunder
struck like black lighting
and gave her heart too much empty energy
They say she just stopped breaking
Through the frothy surface of her watery home
And never again felt the mist upon her face
Then again many of them don’t believe she ever
Really existed
And they speak of her in passing whispers
That make me wonder what kind of hurt
Could turn a god into a memory
What kind of heartache
Could make a woman abandon status
And divitiy
And fall so deep she fades to legend

This is the question that followed me
Light and temping for years
Like a malady one has learned to work around
It was a limp I hid
I blind spot I worked around
Taste buds that never worked
Until one day
Like a myth and a tale
She appeared out of the crowd
And I mis-remembered my maladies
Walking tall, seeing clearly, tasting newness
She was forever like the end of a fairytale
An ever after kind of beauty
That I’d almost believed I had imagined
And in a moment I was introduced to her
And in a moment the evening was over
And in that moment I realized the pain
The lady must have felt
For her presence had cured me
For just a moment while near her
I was whole
But all too quickly she was gone

No comments: